Last Sunday we held a Play for Peace Mela in a space by the railway tracks in the Kumbharwada slum area of Bhavnagar .We had hoped that more than 100 children would be attending, but due to some problems with the water supply in the area many of the children (girls especially) were still at home filling buckets for the day when we arrived to start at 9:30 am.
We made the most fo the morning however, and played lots of games with the 40 or so children that were able to come. This time some of our more senior Balsena members were doing the facilitating, so in the end all the staff members had to do was observe!
I’m still uploading the videos to our YouTube page but our internet connection is quite slow so it will take some time. At the time of writing I have 5 videos up there which I will post below, and keep updating this page as new ones are added, so be sure to check back later!
1. Makan, Karaidar, Zalzala (House, Tenant, Earthquake!)
2. Aam, Papiya, Kela, Chiku (Mango, Papaya, Banana, Chiku)
3. Nam Kidor (The Name Game)
4. Sher Uncle, Sher Uncle (Uncle Lion, Uncle Lion/What time is it Mr Wolf?)
5. Hathi Ka Baccha (The Elephants Calf)
6. Dikho Apni Diosti (See Our Friendship)
7. Hasvo Ramat (Don’t Laugh)
8. Hariyali Ethar Udhar (The Memory Song)
9. Idli, Vada, Dosa (Idli, Vada and Dosa are three kinds of Indian food)
10. Muja Bacchav (S.O.S)